Plain English Design is a trading name of Plain English Design Ltd. Reg no: 3073346, Registered in England & Wales. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. We take care to protect the privacy of our customers and users of our products that communicate online and offline with us, in store, over the phone, websites and social media platforms.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHEN
- Your name
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
- IP address
We may, in further dealings with you, extend this information to include your address, purchases, services used, and subscriptions, records of conversations and agreements and payment transactions.
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal information; however we require at least the information above in order for us to deal with you as a customer in an efficient and effective manner.
The legal basis for processing your data is based on your specific consent that we will have requested at the point the information was initially provided, therefore we will not store, process or transfer your data outside the parties detailed above unless we have an appropriate lawful reason to do so.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
To contact you, following your enquiry, reply to any questions, suggestions, issues or complaints you have contacted us about;
- Make available our products and services to you;
- Process your orders;
- Take payment from you or give you a refund;
- For statistical analysis and to get feedback from you about our products, websites, and other services and activities. For example, occasionally we may invite you to review a product or service you’ve bought or used from us. If we do, it’s possible that we’ll use independent research and feedback providers to act on our behalf;
- To power our security measures and services so you can safely access our website and mobile apps;
- Help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you consume, so we can serve you better;
- Contact you about products and services from us;
- Provide you with online advertising and promotions; and
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
WHO WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We may share your personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- If the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data;
- If we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk); or
- From time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. However, all the information we share will be collected and anonymised, so neither you nor any of your devices can be identified from it.
HOW WE KEEP YOU UPDATED ON OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
We will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services in a number of ways including by email, but only if you have previously consented to receive these marketing communications. When you register with us we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications, and you can change your marketing choices online, over the phone or in writing at any time.
If you wish to amend your marketing preferences you can do so by contacting our customer service team on 212 203 0726.
YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR INFORMATION
RIGHT TO CORRECTION YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
RIGHT TO STOP OR LIMIT OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR
We retain a record of your personal information in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and never retain your information for longer than is necessary. We will store your data for as long as your contact preferences demand in order to supply you with the information requested.
GIVING YOUR REVIEWS AND SHARING YOUR THOUGHTS
When using our website you may be able to share information through social networks like Facebook and Twitter. For example, when you ‘like’, ‘share’ or review our Services. When doing this, your personal information may be visible to the providers of those social networks and/or their other users. Please remember it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on your social network accounts so you are comfortable with how your information is used and shared on them.
Data security is of great importance to Plain English Design and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your collected data.
We take security measures to protect your information including:
- Limiting access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there (by use of passes, key card access and other related technologies);
- Implementing access controls to our information technology
- We use appropriate procedures and technical security measures (including strict encryption, anonymisation and archiving techniques) to safeguard your information across all our computer systems, networks, websites, mobile apps, offices and stores.
- Never asking you for your passwords;
- email or after following a link from an email.
WEBSITE APPLICATION AND HOSTING SECURITY PROCEDURES
- HTTPS – This website is secured via Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS). It means all communications between your browser and this website are securely encrypted. This means that even if somebody managed to break into the connection, they would not be able decrypt any of the data which passes between you and the website.
- Secure Update Process – Inline with the security processes of our website development partner agency, this website application’s code-base is administered and updated via a password and FTP free process. All code-changes are deployed via a secure process that does not rely on the storage and visible access of passwords.
- Web Application Maintenance – Our organisation, working in collaboration with our website development agency, regularly monitor the security of this website and consistently update the core CMS platform and supporting extensions and plugins.
COOKIES USED BY THIS WEBSITE
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when a website is loaded within your chosen browser. They are widely used to ‘remember’ you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a ’session cookie’) or for multiple repeat visits (using a ‘persistent cookie’). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as ‘first party cookies’), or by other websites who serve up content on that site (‘third party cookies’).
WHAT IS COOKIE CONTROL?
When (as the user) you consent to one of the optional cookie categories, Cookie Control will place a cookie to remember that decision. The name of the cookie will be the name of the category specified within the Cookie Control widget itself. That cookie will be removed when you (the user) revokes consent to that category.
WHAT ARE ‘STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES’?
These are the cookies that are essential for this website to perform its basic functions. These include those required to allow registered users to authenticate and perform account related functions, as well as to save the contents of virtual ‘carts’ on sites that have an e-commerce functionality. Strictly Necessary Cookies are highlighted with a double asterisk (**) in the tables below:
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
COOKIES SET BY WORDPRESS
|wordpress_<hash> **||On login, wordpress uses the wordpress_[hash] cookie to store your authentication details. Its use is limited to the admin console area, /wp-admin/||2 years|
|wordpress_logged_in_<hash> **||After login, wordpress sets the wordpress_logged_in_<hash> cookie, which indicates when you’re logged in, and who you are, for most interface use.||Session|
|wp-settings-<time>-<UID> **||WordPress also sets a few wp-settings-<time>-<UID> cookies. The number on the end is your individual user ID from the users database table. This is used to customize your view of admin interface, and possibly also the main site interface.||Session|
|WordPress_google_apps_login **||This cookie is set by the plugin ‘Google Apps Login for WordPress’ and may be present for users who login to WordPress via their Google or GSuite account.||Session|
|wordpress_test_cookie||Used to check whether your web browser is set to allow, or reject cookies.||Session|
COOKIES SET BY GOOGLE ANALYTICS
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.||2 years|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users.||24 hours|
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_<property-id>.||1 minute|
|AMP_TOKEN||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.||30 seconds to 1 year|
|_gac_<property-id>||Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and AdWords accounts, AdWords website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out. Learn more.||90 days|
|_gaexp||Optimize 360 – Used to determine a user’s inclusion in an experiment and the expiry of experiments a user has been included in.||90 days|
COOKIES SET BY CAMPAGINMONITOR
|campaignMonitorViewedIds||ThecampaignMonitorViewedIds is used to identify individual clients for logging email and newsletter signups.||Session|
|cookienotification||Used to distinguish your acknowledgement of our website’s Cookie Banner and subsequent policy (this document).||14 days|
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR COOKIE PREFERENCES
The most popular web browsers typically provide additional tools to users for controlling or restricting cookies on their device. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit Error! Hyperlink reference not valid.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: email@example.com
By post: 51 East 10th Street New York NY 10003
Plain English Design
This Policy was last updated on 04/07/2022